California policymakers recognize SAAM & Denim DayApril 22, 2011 0 comments
The California Coalition Against Sexual Assault continues our strong tradition of reaching out to policymakers and the Administration to raise awareness about sexual violence throughout our state. Each year legislators and Capitol staff, agency secretaries, department directors, the Governor, and citizens from all over California decide to put on a pair of jeans and to show their support for Denim Day CA. By wearing denim they show there is never an excuse or reason for sexual violence. Below you’ll see two videos from some of our most ardent supporters, Assembly Members Paul Fong and Fiona Ma.
We are also excited to announce our 2011 Denim Day CA speakers who will join CALCASA on the West Steps of the Capitol on Wednesday April 27th at 10:00am:
- Mike Dayton, Acting Secretary of the CA Emergency Management Agency
- Matthew Cate, Secretary of the CA Dept. of Corrections and Rehabilitation
- Senator Darrell Steinberg, Pro Tempore of the State Senate
- Assembly Member Tom Ammiano, Chair of the Assembly Public Safety Committee
- Senator Mark Leno, Chair of the Senate Budget Committee
- Assembly Member Bonnie Lowenthal, Vice-Chair of the Legislative Women’s Caucus
- Assembly Member Fiona Ma, Pro Tempore of the State Assembly
- Assembly Member Nancy Skinner, Chair of the Assembly Rules Committee
- Senator Kevin de Leon, Chair of the Senate Democratic Caucus
- and much more…
These outstanding supporters are setting an example to all Californians that the simple act of wearing denim and speaking out against sexual violence can help raise awareness and prevent these heinous crimes. Call your legislators today and ask them toattend the Denim Day CA Rally on April 27th on the West Steps and sign the Pledge to End Sexual Violence.
If you have questions about Denim Day CA, please contact Phillip@calcasa.org.
Comments on this entry are closed.