February is Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention MonthFebruary 1, 2012 0 comments
Today marks the beginning of Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month. In February, there will be activities throughout the country addressing violence in young people’s relationships. I appreciate that this month is not only about awareness, but includes a focus on prevention. This is a time to take action. During this month there will be rallies, forums, media campaigns and flash mobs to mobilize young people to prevent teen dating violence.
In his Presidential Proclamation on National Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month, 2012, President Obama said
Reducing violence against teens and young adults is an important task for all of us. This month, we renew our commitment to breaking the silence about dating abuse and fostering a culture of respect in our neighborhoods, our schools, and our homes.
Check out some of PreventConnect’s archived materials about teen dating violence, including
- Healthy Break-Ups and Why They Matter
- Prepare for National Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month with That’s Not Cool
- Campaign for the third choice: dating violence prevention and Eclipse
- Understanding teen dating violence prevention: CDC’s Dating Matters
- Respect WORKS!: a comprehensive teen dating violence prevention model
Comments on this entry are closed.