New Funding Mechanism for CA Rape Crisis CentersFebruary 19, 2015 0 comments
Today, CALCASA announced a campaign to raise funds to support California rape crisis centers (RCCs). This new funding stream will be directed to RCCs via the California Sexual Violence Victim Services Fund that is included on the 2014 California State Tax Return as a voluntary contribution line item (Form 540, Side 4, Line 26, Code 429).
We need to mobilize in order to raise $250,000 for California rape crisis centers – and we are asking for your help to raise awareness! Ask your friends, partners, funders, to make a voluntary contribution to the California Sexual Violence Victim Services Fund. Don’t forget to ask your tax preparer to make this contribution, if applicable.
The funds generated will be managed by the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services and directed, as grants, to California rape crisis centers to support a variety of activities including emergency fund resources for travel or hotel vouchers for victims escaping dangerous situations or for community educations programs like self-defense workshops.
CALCASA has developed tools to help you get the word out! From sample press releases to images for a Facebook banner, we’ve got you covered. Please distribute widely!
- Download a sample e-mail template to distribute to your funders, community partners, or family members!
- Modify our press release template to use in placed media and local community news outlets.
- Use our talking points to respond to media inquiries and relay information to your constituencies.
- Upload our banner image to your Facebook profile.
- Add an image to your e-mail signature for all out-going e-mail correspondence!
- Download additional images to use in any correspondence and on social media!
- Download the flyer and share on social media.
- View our powerpoint presentation with more background information on how to use these tools.
- Listen to a recording of our web conference for more details of the Tax Check-off presentation.
Let’s look at the bright side of tax season – together we can end sexual violence and easily support California’s rape crisis centers!
Comments on this entry are closed.