RALLYs award exceptional journalism to end sexual violenceMay 11, 2017 0 comments
This week Raliance, in partnership with The Poynter Institute for Media Studies, recognized the importance of sexual violence reporting with honoring journalists will RALLYs awards for the highest level of journalistic achievement in covering sexual violence. The RALLYs were presented at the Raliance Media Summit, one-day event will bring together journalists to discuss reporting on sexual violence.
I recommend you check out this examples of media coverage about sexual violence. Strong reporting on sexual violence is an impoertant contribution to changing our culture.
- 1st Place – “Doctors & Sex Abuse” from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution in Atlanta, Georgia (Carrie Teegardin, reporter; Danny Robbins, reporter; Ariel Hart, reporter; Jeff Ernsthausen, data journalist; Ryon Horne, Videographer; Richard Watkins, web application specialist/illustrator; Alan Judd, reporter; Johnny Edwards, reporter)
- 2nd Place – “Sex Trafficking: The Victims Next Door” from the St. Cloud Times in St. Cloud, Minnesota (David Unze, reporter; Stephanie Dickrell, reporter; Jenny Berg, reporter; Dave Schwarz, photojournalist; Lisa Schwarz, editor; Abigail Faulkner, producer)
- 3rd Place – “Facing the Problem” from the SME Harbinger in Fairway Kansas (Celia Hack, Co-Online Editor; Morgan Browning, head photo editor; Ellie Cook, co-online editor; Caroline Heitmann, head copy editor; staff)
- 1st Place – “BuzzFeed News: Tyler Kingkade’s reporting on sexual violence” from BuzzFeed News (Tyler Kingkade, National Reporter)
- 2nd Place – “Coverage of Vanderbilt rape case” from The Tennessean / USA Today Network in Nashville, Tennessee (Stacey Barchenger, courts and criminal justice reporter; Adam Tamburin, higher education reporter)
- 3rd Place – “University of Minnesota sexual assault” from the St. Paul Pioneer Press in Minneapolis, Minnesota (John Shipley, reporter/columnist)
- 1st Place – “Flight Risk” from Slate in Brookline, Massachusetts (Nora Caplan-Bricker, contributing writer)
- 2nd Place – “BuzzFeed News: Ethics and they Eye of the Beholder” from BuzzFeed News in New York, New York (Katie J.M. Baker, Senior National Reporter)
- 3rd Place Tie – “At Profiles Theatre the drama and abuse is real” from the Chicago Reader in Chicago, Illinois (Aimee Levitt, Staff Writer; Christopher Piatt, Contributing Writer; Robin Amer, Editor)
- 3rd Place Tie – “BuzzFeed News: Some Days The Bomb Goes Off: The Ballerina Who Accused Her Instructor Of Sexual Assault” from BuzzFeed News in New York, New York (Jessica Luther, BuzzFeed contributor)
- 1st Place – “A question of honor at Brigham Young University” from The Salt Lake Tribune in Salt Lake City, Utah (Erin Alberty, reporter; Jessica Miller, reporter; Rachel Piper, editor; Sheila McCann, managing editor; Staff of The Salt Lake Tribune)
- 2nd Place – “Rape kit series” from The Plain Dealer in Cleveland, Ohio (Rachel Dissell, reporter)
- 3rd Place – “BuzzFeed News: Unfounded: Investigation into the Baltimore County Police Department’s handling of rape cases” from BuzzFeed News in New York, New York (Alex Campbell, Investigative Reporter; Katie J.M. Baker, Senior National Reporter)
Comments on this entry are closed.