Logic models for prevention programmingDecember 12, 2013 0 comments
July 23, 2013
2:00 – 3:30 pm
Hosts: Abby Sims and David Lee, California Coalition Against Sexual Assault
Presenter: Alexis Marbach, MPH, Rhode Island Coalition Against Domestic Violence
This web conference provided the basics on developing logic models for prevention programs. Attending this web conference (or watching a recording) is required for the August Logic Model Training (see below for details).
- Slides [PDF]
- Recording [click here to access]
- Chat [PDF]
- PreventConnect eLearning on Logic Models [click here].
- Community assessment resources: The Community Toolbox & OVC’s Guide to Conducting a Needs Assessment
CALCASA will be conducting several trainings on prevention in the coming months. These trainings will meet the training requirements from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) for the Rape Prevention and Education (RPE) grant.
- August 27, 2013 9:00 am – noon: Logic Models for Prevention Programming II CDPH Statewide Training Institute Pre-Conference before the National Sexual Assault Conference. Alexis Marbach will lead this in-person training on developing logic models for prevention programs. Attending the July 23 web conference (or watching a recording) is required. CALCASA California scholarships are available to all California Rape Crisis Centers.
- September and October 2013: Moving from Logic Models to Program Planning and Evaluation. CALCASA’s Abby Sims, David Lee, Chad Sniffen and Ashley Maier will lead small participatory trainings in each region to work on how to use logic models to support prevention program planning and evaluation. Dates and times to be announced soon.
- October 2013: Integrating Prevention: Lessons Learned Web Conference. CALCASA will host a web conference to share outcomes of California Rape Crisis Centers implementation of prevention integration plans.