TUESDAY, AUGUST 11, 2020 **
10:00 AM – 11:30 AM Pacific Time
If the link does not work, copy and paste the following link into your browser: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMpcuCurTIoHtcs2S87OvMGUdj_ytZmmTJD
**This web conference is intended for advocates at sexual assault agencies funded by Cal OES Rape Crisis Center grants.
Trans/GNC communities experience sexual violence at alarmingly high rates. While local RCCs are highly skilled in working with a broad spectrum of survivors and communities, key cultural factors should be addressed when working with Trans/GNC communities. This web conference presentation will support
participants’ understanding of best practices utilized to better serve people of Trans/GNC experience.
At the end of the presentation participants will be able to:
- Identify at least two best practices that advocates can implement at their organization
- Learn about two case studies that highlight how advocates can use their critical thinking and act appropriately
- Provide information on two policies that that advocates can implement at their organization
- Meghna Bhat, California Coalition Against Sexual Assault (CALCASA)
- Sandy Monroy, California Coalition Against Sexual Assault (CALCASA)
- Bamby Salcedo, President/CEO, The [email protected] COALITION